Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Time Flies

Wow...Just wow...Over a year. How'd that happen?
Hours become days, which become weeks and months, then years and decades. Projects which seemed so important fade with the time and knowledge that they aren't all that necessary. Each passing moment another in a long line of lost opportunity.
I've recently rewatched the first episodes of the Matt Smith Doctor Who era. Five minutes becomes twelve years and he doesnt even realize it. The little girl grows up and he doesn't even recognize her. Happens I think with a lot of folks. All good things and bad ones as well, come to an end.
I barely recognize some of the old posts in this blog. My own blog and those moments I wrote of seem to vanish from memory.
There's been plenty of changes for me in the last year or so. Reminders of my own foolishness and my greatness. We all have it. It's okay to acknowledge you are a great fool as well as a great something else.
I suppose the biggest revelation of the year has been that I have come to understand the word "pretentious" all too well. My understanding of it being exposed by my own pretentiousness. Why is it that I seem to consider myself as one who has the answer for everything. It would be understandable that I would try to help someone if they asked me for such, but why is it that I seem to think I should shove my "help" into their lives when they don't even ask? Then I'm surprised that those whom I've "helped" do not seem to "get it".
I should have learned this long ago, but I suppose that even so I wouldn't have been able to "get it" either.
I wonder now if maybe even blogging itself is a symptom or result of pretentiousness.
The real problem is that I keep forgetting that I've learned it.

Proverbs 26:17 KJV He that passeth by, and meddleth with strife belonging not to him, is like one that taketh a dog by the ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment