Wednesday, June 8, 2011

No-Till Gardening 2011

No-Tilling or Mulch Garden click link for video.
Alright, Im back. Short on time and late on planting. Trying no till gardening this year. Laid the onions out on the soil and covered them with leaves and hay. Theyre growing well. Hoping to get a good crop of large tomatoes this year. I finally got my potatoes put in on top of a thick layer of hay which we pulled from the goat house. Then I covered them with bags of leaves that I gathered a couple years ago during the fall clean-ups in town.
Using the hay bales with the hope that the chickens will be able to feast on worms and bugs living along the edges. Havent got the fence up yet, but working on it.
Last years pig pen is layered with great soil, but underneath it is very soft from the dozens of bags of leaves we dumped in there. Hoping the worms will compost it for me over the summer.
Lots to do this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment